Thursday, March 16, 2006

Tim Hortons: 317 - Me: nil

There are few times of the year that we really get excited about - birthdays, Christmas, and Roll up the Rim at Tim Hortons. For me, the latter is both a curse and a blessing.

I've been a large steeped tea double-double with milk ever since they introduced the drink. Before that, I'd suffer through the bagged tea but still go to Timmy's at least twice a day. Either way, the few months of oddly decorated cups and rollable rims has always been a time of unceasing joy/bitterness.

Traditionally, the Bingo-like excitement of Roll up the Rim (sorry, Rrrrrrrrrrrroll) is only matched by the tragedy of my perpetual losing streak. From the 4735 or so rims I've rolled, I may have won three or four times, while being able to predict with almost certain clarity, this:


I'm getting used to seeing this...

I'm starting to get used to this...

I've lost count of the number of "Please play again, loser" rims. This year alone, every cup I roll is a complete loser. Today I bought two teas and won zero times, while my girlfriend bought two teas and roll up a free drink twice! Two times to my two losers.

This year is starting to make me more bitter than usual. I have no sympathy for these fools. To think that elsewhere people can fight over rim-winnings in court. Maybe it's because we've all become so desperate from Tim Horton's vye for world domination that one a rare winning rim appears, we war for it.


I'll still buy their shares when they go public on the 24th, but I'm starting to consider buying my tea at Country Style.

No comments: