Friday, March 10, 2006

Intellectual Property Fraud

I told a joke today. Rare as the occasion is, it was pretty funny and I was told by Tricia to "put it on yo blog, homey." I considered it for a moment and then rebutted with a "No."

Why, do you ask?

First, strokes of genius are often fleeting, especially when they're not immediately written down by a secretary (which I don't have), spoken into a recorder (which I don't have), or sculpted into a block of limestone (which I forgot to bring with me to work). So, just like that, it was gone.

Secondly, I believe that to vainly attempt to reproduce said joke onto this blog, it would bastardize and undermine the whole essence of the joke, thereby reducing it's inherent humour so that anyone who reads it here would never be able to appreciate or truly experience that moment of pure brilliance. And it wouldn't be as funny either.

Third, since as of publishing this blog, the only people who read it are Tricia and my girlfriend Liz. Thus, 50% of my audience has already heard the joke and the other half would laugh at me instead.

So, my joke is not going to appear here. That's for the best anyway, because I've forgotten most of it anyway.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

That's funny, because I forgot it too...

Anonymous said...

I had to post as 'anonymous' because to post a comment they were going to make me sign up for a blog. And we can't have that. In response to this post:

"CTRL-ALT-DEL"

Liz